Friday, September 2, 2011

Polymer Clay Central

When I re-started my foray into using polymer clay I discovered Polymer Clay Central, a website devoted to clay enthusiasts with mucho info, I was so excited to see so much open sharing!  The lampwork glass community is also such a sharing group and I was glad to see the same for this other medium.

I'm someone who sometimes needs a little guidance towards what exactly I want to make.  Sitting down with all the supplies, the myriad of colors, and ideas floating around need corralled.  I decided to enter their monthly challenge.  I started with July, and the theme was "Summertime".  Here is what I presented:


It's my first attempt at a micromosaic.  The piece is about a half dollar size.  It was a pain in the ass.  I didn't win, but there are some really kick ass entries, check it out here.


I gave it another shot for August.  The time between July and August I had purchased a couple books on making miniatures in polymer clay.   If you want to see some amazing work, check out Angie Scarr and Sue Heaser.  I used some of what I learned in their books, about breads and pastels, and ended up making a picnic and here it is:



I won first place!  Yay!  I was pleased because I figured out the potato chips on my own.
Now I get to spend my prize money at Polymer Clay Express

No comments:

Post a Comment